Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a day...

Zane has been fighting a cold since Saturday night. It started out with just a runny nose, then we added on the croup cough and this morning we had a whole new ailment to add to the list. He woke up at 4:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep and didn't want a bottle. I finally got him up with me around 5:15. I had to get lunches made and other stuff together before work so I let him play or "relax". He kept wanting to go back to sleep, but would start coughing or figit or something and couldn't get comfortable. I was holding him and was listening to him and realized he was wheezing and I could feel rattle in his back. Off to the doctor we went today! Zane has Bronchiolitis. We had the joy of getting a breathing treatment done in the office and even got to pick up our own kit to bring home and do...fun! NOT!!! He was not having it...I don't blame him, to be pinned down by your mom and have steam blown in your face cannot be a fun experience. So every 4 hours if he seems to be wheezing we have to give him a mini-treatment at home. I haven't had the experience of that yet...that will be after nap time! Once the cold/wheezing goes away the doc said we can tuck away our treatment and bring it out again the next time it starts up! WHAT, there's a next time? The doc said this maybe a one time thing or it maybe an "everytime he gets a bad cold thing". Oh joy!

Trying to sleep this morning while I was getting things ready for the day.

Playing with the chair while waiting for the doctor.

"Playing" with the new home breathing treatment kit. They say to let him play with it and it won't be so scary when you go to do it...not sure I'm buying that.

Trying it on for size!

No comments: