So the doctor has been encouraging us to get Zane started on more "people" food and not so much baby food. The kid only has 2 teeth so there's only so much he can eat of "people" food. Anyway, we have been trying tiny pieces of everything under the sun and the kid spits it out everytime. I know its not a taste preference because if I grind it up in the food processor he'll eat it, but as soon as you put a "chunk" of something in his mouth he spits it right out. I'm sure its a texture thing, but seriously how do we get past this? Will he grow out of it? I don't want to be making/buying baby food for the next 5 years. I have heard that "its normal", then I hear people say "weird, I've never heard of that"...ugh. If anyone has any tricks on how to get past this texture issue we are having I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, I'd love hear that this
is "normal" and he'll grow out of it from someone who has experienced it with their kids.
Here he is today after throwing a fit when he didn't want anymore "ground up" ravioli.
2 comments:
he really need to do it himself so he can feel the texture (like you said)....he will do it eventually!!! It is totally normal, I worked with a boy who gagged for 3 months with solid food and then one day it was fine.
You can even start with yogurt or applesauce in a bowl that he can feed with his hands (yes it will be messy) and can give him a spoon, mostly for entertainment. You will find there is alot he can eat, terrace only had 2 teeth until 14 months....their gums are tough. hope this helps
He's a cutie! My son did the same thing. It freaked me out. And sometimes he would gag, which would freak me out even more! The first thing is don't let the gag reflex scare you too much. The doctor said that with infants it is so strong that it really helps them from choking. Second, I started with lightly toasted bread, cut up super small. That way if he does keep it in his mouth, and just sucks on it, it basically turns to mush! I know this post is old, and you may have already gotten past this, but just in case!
Post a Comment