Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy 1st Mother's Day to me!

I had visions I'd wake up to breakfast in bed, flowers on the table, a walk in the park or something of that nature for my 1st Mother's Day. Well, instead I had the opportunity to hang out in the Group Health ER this morning with my husband and son! Josh decided to fracture his ankle mountain biking yesterday! He came home with a "cankle" like none other (and I thought I had "cankles" when I was pregnant)!! So after we all got up this morning and took another look at it...Dr. Lisa Alexander (that's me) decided that this was a little more than a sprain that could wait until Monday. We headed over to the hospital and had the man X-rayed and sure enough, he has a fracture (I should really go to medical school)! This put a little damper into my day, but more of a damper into Josh's! He is on crutches and just has it wrapped right now, they need to wait for the swelling to go down before doing anything else. He has an appointment with Orthopedic this week and they will cast it or as the doc today said "figure out something to do with it"! My poor "grown" baby!

Both my "babies" waiting patiently.


Zane waiting for his daddy to be X-rayed.


Zane and I waiting for the doctor's verdict.


Finally home (notice the bag of frozen peas for our ice pack)!

2 comments:

Katie and Bob said...

Oh no, poor Josh! Send him our love and I hope he feels better soon!

Brooke Buckingham said...

I fractured my ankle once and it HURT! I got a sweet walking cast.. hopefully Josh can score one of those!