Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Update on Josh...
Well, we went to Josh's Ortho appt today regarding his fractured ankle and we didn't receive the news I was hoping for. I was hoping, the doc would say "after looking at your X-ray's again, it looks like its actually just a really bad sprain!" Nope...instead he said "well, you did damage, A LOT of damage"! Josh broke off some part of his bone in his ankle joint area. Sorry, I do not know the technical terms at this time. He is looking at a minimum of 6 weeks in a hard cast, non-weight bearing, 4 weeks in a walking boot and then we will see from there. Worst case scenario he will be faced with chronic ankle problems and surgery in the near future. He has a cat scan next week and after we get those results we will know more. I am really hoping for no surgery, but we need to do what is best for him and his ankle at this point. Josh can't work for the next 6 weeks for sure, since he doesn't have a "desk-job" and the 4 weeks in the walking boot (assuming no surgery is needed) will be light duty. That is our update for now. His cat-scan is next Wednesday and his appt to go over those results will be next Friday...I'll know more then (I hope). On a happy note, Josh is in great spirits and is mastering the crutches pretty well. I am sure he will be developing a serious case of cabin fever over the next few weeks, so I will have to make sure and get him out in the evenings and weekends! I love him to death and am so happy he is ok...but I wish we didn't have to go through this at all. Through sickness and in health!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment