We got downtown in time to catch the 10:40 a.m. ferry - we had about 20 mins to wait so the boys decided to make the most of it with the sunroof on the car :) Not normally something I'd let them do, but today was a "just have fun" day, so I went with it.
I've learned - when I ask Landon to smile, I never quite know what I'm going to get :)
The ferry ride was just as exciting for the boys as I had hoped it would be! They weren't too crazy about standing outside for long (it was super windy), but they humored me for a little while! And another passenger made my day by asking if I wanted her to take a photo of the 3 of us! I love when people are so nice like that!
![]() |
| Good-bye Seattle...what a beauty you are! |
We headed straight to the beach when we got off the ferry! I had asked a friend where we should go and he recommended Fay-Bainbridge State Park - it did not disappoint! It was gorgeous and hardly any people there! We laid out our stuff and the boys went to town playing in the sand and surf! I soaked in the sun and watched them bounce about the beach - it was pure heaven. The temperature was perfect!
![]() |
| Thanks to my remote for this bad-boy! |
![]() |
| I've always wanted to try this - not as easy as it looks. Maybe if I found flatter rocks, haha. |
![]() |
| This is the life (and these are my new favorite shoes)! |
After the beach, we headed into town for a late lunch and then back to the ferry! We were the 4th in line for being left behind on the ferry! We just missed it! That left us an hour to kill in the ferry line. I wasn't sure how the boys would handle that - but thankfully it didn't phase them! They did more roof top sitting!
When we first got to the island and were driving around, Zane noticed a car that had Evening Magazine on it and was excited to see it. I explained to them that they go all over and film different pieces for their show. Well as we got in line for the ferry back home, we realized the Evening car was right in front of us. I recognized the passenger as one of the hosts (Saint Bryan) - kind of weird to see TV people in real life :) The driver go out while the boys and I were standing outside of the car and he asked the boys if they wanted to see the big camera and all of the equipment he uses - of course they were elated. That killed a good 15 mins :) Thanks Evening!
And finally we were headed back home :) What a fabulous days - seriously one of the best days I think I've had in a long time. I just wish Josh was there to enjoy it with us :(
PS - a friend informed me tonight that the reason Evening was there was they were filming something with Patrick Dempsey and there were photos of him (on FB) on one of the ferries (not ours) - they were obviously done filming by the time we saw the Evening guys...but man, oh man, it would've been cool to see McDreamy!


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

.jpg)







1 comment:
Dude! We're going to go look at a house on Bainbridge on Sunday! It's our *latest* compromise relocation spot.
Post a Comment