Yesterday was the big day for his Soccer Party and I'm pretty sure he had a blast! We had a great turn out of friends from all over (school, family friends, diabetes camps etc).
Thanks to my friend Joe - we designed some pretty cool "tickets" for the party invitations!
The party was at a brand new indoor soccer facility in Tacoma - we had never even been there before I booked it, but I figured since it was new it was probably pretty good - I was right! Since the party wasn't at our house or even near our house I wanted to try and make the food easy, yet still make it soccer themed if I could. The WONDERFUL cake was done by my friend from work Katrina - she did a fabulous job and I'm not sure I could ever properly thank her. Not only did Katrina come through with the cake - but she came through with putting her two kids up to entertaining the party kids the entire party! Both are soccer players themselves and they did a great job getting the kids organized - it was still some mass chaos from time to time, but the kids had a blast and really played their hearts out!
And because like I've said on here before Diabetes doesn't give a crap where you are or what you are doing or that you are at your own birthday party and only have the field for an hour to play - it will throw a low blood sugar of 37 at you just because it can...
I felt so bad for Zane at this moment. I really try to not feel sorry for him, but seriously...his own birthday party and he had to sit out 20+ mins of it so his blood sugar could come up enough to safely let him back out on the field. Thankfully after 2 juice boxes AND a package of fruit snacks, he was ready to kick-it and never looked back!
Now onto cake and presents - every birthday child's favorite part I think!!
Huge thank you to Sierra and Brad for putting these kids to work out on the field, they had a blast and I'm pretty sure the party wouldn't have been as fun if Josh and I were in charge of that!
Now to start planning next year's! Just kidding...sort of!













1 comment:
Very cute invite!
Post a Comment