

This past Saturday my mom had a "date" planned with Zane and at the last minute asked if Landon and I wanted to tag along. My mom is just learning how to give Zane his insulin and she wanted me there to "watch" her give him a shot for the first time to make sure she was doing it right! It was a good excuse for us to all get out of the house and let daddy rest in some peace and quiet! We headed over to my mom and Doug's and both of my brothers ended up being there as well. I don't think we've all been there at the same time since Christmas, so it was kind of nice to all be together for a bit.

After hanging out for awhile, we headed down to Red Robin (Zane's current favorite) and my brother Charlie tagged along as well! My mom has checked Zane's blood sugar before, but this was the first time she was learning how to count the carbs of what he's eaten and figure out his insulin dosage and given him the shot...she did great! She wants to practice a couple more times with me around before doing it totally by herself and I'm happy to oblige!


After lunch we headed over to Target where the kids were spoiled beyond belief! Charlie told Zane he could pick out any Lego set he wanted (more because he wanted to have the joy of putting it together for him). My mom also told Zane he could pick out a toy he wanted (he picked out a Batman car and smaller Lego set)! Grandma also bought the kids quite a few pieces of clothing for summer, which I was very stoked about...clothing 2 kids can really add up, so the help is nice!!



We headed back to my mom & Doug's house and Charlie helped Zane put together his smaller Lego set and has agreed to come over one night this week to put together his bigger set at our house!

It was such a fun day, I'm so glad I was asked to tag along! My mom wants to make a "date" with Zane once a month, a day where they hang out and do stuff that just Zane wants to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment