Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Being sick is no fun.

Poor Mr. Zane was just told today that he has Pneumonia. He's had this horrible cough/cold for almost a month now and I'd talked to the doctor about it, but she kept saying its just viral, give him plenty of fluids and rest etc...so that is what we had been doing. Then yesterday daycare called to let me know that he had a fever. I talked to the doctor before I went to pick him up (handy having her office next door to my office) and she said if he still had a fever in the morning that she wanted to see him. Sure enough, the little man had a fever this morning, so into work with me he went. Once in the appointment the doc was still just writing it off as a virus and gave me the same shpeal of plenty of fluids and rest etc. Then at the end of the visit she decided to send him up for a chest x-ray to "make sure we weren't missing anything". I can't tell you how "pleased" I was to hear her tell me he had Pneumonia..."pleased" because that meant we finally had an answer and could get some antibiotics for it!!! So we started the Amoxicilin tonight and we'll see how it goes! The good thing is, the doc said he is not contagious so he can go back to daycare on Friday (after two days at home with plenty of rest and meds)! I don't like using my PTO to sit at home with a sick kid, I'd much rather use it to...I don't know....do something fun!!!

This is pretty much how the day went today...he'd be fine playing for awhile...


Then rest for awhile...


Then sit on the couch under a blanket drinking some ice cold milk!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I hope the lil' guy is feeling better today!