Zane presented two new tricks to us last Saturday. The first was proving to us he is an escape artist in the making! He was up in his crib taking a nap...or
supposed to be taking a nap. I could hear him via the monitor talking and playing instead of sleeping, but figured after a bit he'd finally get himself to sleep. He rarely fights naps and usually goes right down, so this was something new. As I'm sitting downstairs listening to him "talk", I was just getting to the point to go up there and reinforce to him that it was nap time and it was time to sleep when all of a sudden I heard a loud THUD and then him scream/cry. I ran upstairs and as I got closer to his door I could hear him standing at the door...what???? Yep, the little booger escaped his crib! Thankfully, we still had one more notch we could lower the mattress, so Josh took care of that right away and he hasn't tried it since! Hopefully he's learned his lesson because I'm not ready to put him in a toddler bed yet; although a toddler bed is better than him possibly breaking a bone jumping out of his crib! Sorry no pictures of that trick seeing as how I hadn't set up my nanny-cam yet, haha!
Zane's 2nd trick is he's apparently learned how to take off his pants. He was playing in the living room after his nap (yes, he finally did lay down and take one after calming down from his jump) and I was in the kitchen and I looked into the other room and saw him taking off his pants!! Goofball! He hasn't tried it again since, but gave me a good laugh this time!



No comments:
Post a Comment